Freshwater Fishing E-Licence
Forgot Your Angler Number?
If you forget your Angler Number, please refer to your Non-Tidal Angling licence before contacting the Contact Us Call Centre.
You will already have an Angler Number if you have registered yourself online or purchased an e-licence before. If not, the system will give you an Angler Number when you buy or register for an e-licence for the first time. It is important to record your Angler Number so that you can return to the Freshwater Fishing E-Licensing web site to update your profile information or purchase additional licences.
2017-2019 Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis
The new 2017-2019 Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis and in-season regulation changes are available online. Printed copies have been distributed to licence vendors and Service BC offices throughout the province. Remember this synopsis is valid for both the 2017-2018 and the 2018-2019 licensing years, so please retain your copy for reference.
About the Freshwater Fishing E-Licence
This web site allows individuals to purchase and pay online for a recreational freshwater fishing licence.
In addition to the licence, anglers are required to be aware of the regulations.
A link is provided here for your information and reference Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis
The freshwater fishing licence does not include
fishing in British Columbia's coastal tidal waters.
Tidal (saltwater) fishing regulations and licences
are under the jurisdiction of the Canadian federal
government. See the link to "Government of
Canada" in the right column of this page.
What you will need to buy an e-licence online
You can buy a freshwater fishing licence by clicking the yellow "Buy a licence" button at the top of the right column of this web page.
If you have been issued a paper licence for the current licensing year, you cannot add additional licences online.
You can purchase additional paper licences from a fishing licence vendor.
To buy an e-licence you will need:
- A computer connected to the Internet.
- A printer to print your licence. The printer must be switched on and loaded with letter-sized paper. You must carry your printed and signed copy of your licence (not your receipt) with you when you are fishing. If your printer doesn't work or you lose your licence, the Freshwater Fishing E-Licensing System allows you to reprint your licence at no charge.
- One of the following compatible web browsers:
If the Freshwater Fishing E-Licensing System detects that you have an incompatible browser, it will display a "Browser Not Compatible" error message. In order to purchase your licences online, you may need to update your browser to a compatible version as listed below:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 11 or later)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 27-33 or later)
- Google Chrome (version 30-32 or later)
- Apple Safari (version 9.1.3 or later)
- Apple Safari Mobile (iOS version 5 or later)
- The Freshwater Fishing E-Licensing System uses pop-up windows, therefore you must have pop-up blocking software turned off.
- Adobe Reader version 6 or higher is needed to print your fishing licence which will be a PDF document. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, or you need to upgrade to a later version, you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader.
- A valid credit card number to pay for your e-licence on the BC Government's secure credit card payment web site. VISA, MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
- An Angler Number. You will already have one if you have registered yourself online or purchased an e-licence before. If not, the System will give you an Angler Number when you buy or register for an e-licence for the first time. If you forget your Angler Number, contact the Help Desk by phone at 1-877-855-3222 Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time.
Other ways to buy a licence
You can also buy a freshwater fishing licence:
For further information, please visit these pages on this web site: